Lighting options

TooQForYou

@esy

Thanks for your input. That's kind of what I was thinking already. Just didn't know if the chances of melting something were high or not.

@01sivapathy

I can appreciate your opinion, but I much prefer function over form. That's not to say that I won't try to make whatever look decent while doing whatever. The lights serve their purpose, and do it well.

Personally, I don't see how better lighting has anything to do with being stock or not. But everyone has their own opinions and whatnot.

Although, a lift and some A/Ts are definitely upgrades I want to do at some point.

I haven't noticed any reflection off the hood. I wouldn't call the beams 'pencil' because they're driving beams, but they are rather narrow so I haven't noticed any reflection off the hood or cutoff from the roof.

I ran the lights' power and ground wires inside of the weather stripping going down between the windshield and the driver's door into the engine compartment. I grounded the lights on a bolt on the fender- one of the first bolts you see once you enter the engine compartment from that route. I also grounded the relay there. Ran the power from the relay to something like 'main battery' in the fuse box beside the battery. Then I drilled a hole into the clutch plate and put a rubber grommet in it and ran the trigger wire through into the cab to my switch. From there, I tapped into the fuse slot in the dash for heated seats (which I don't have) for the power to the switch. I grounded the switch on a bolt under the gear shifter. I mounted the switch into one of the empty panels where the heated seat buttons would go on the center console in front of the gear shifter.

I probably should look into some theft prevention. I'm not too worried right now though. I took my running boards off a long time ago. The only way you could reach the lights is to climb up on top of the truck- which as 01silva said, would look rather obvious.

• 2 months later...