PO430 code

4x4white03

I searched the forums, but only one post, so apparently this doesn't happen too often.....

About 4-5 weeks ago, had a guy pull out in front of me and had to jump on it hard to miss him and not hit anyone else. Because of this, I ended up almost redlining when th etrans dowshifted... about 30 minutes later, I got the PO430 code. Interested in what it was, I had the code read and the guy automatically said "catalytic converter" asked me what happened and the pretty much said "if it's your cat, you'll know if you have a problem".

Two days ago, during normal everyday driving, it came back on again. Had the code read from a friend, and it pulled the same code. Had it erased again....

I do not notice any difference when the CEL is on or off. I'm concerned I have a legitimate problem, but don't really have much feedback to go on. Anyone have any information to share? Thanks.

Adam

Cat converter codes can be caused by a lot of things, but the main items are:

1) (obvious) cat converter is dead

2) o2 sensors not operating properly

3) fuel injector leaking

4) leaking exhust

As long as you know you have no exhaust leak, use the scanner to check your o2 sensor effeciency.

An o2 can be working to the point it does not trigger a code, but it might be slow, or "lazy", and R50's eat o2 sensors, so...

then grab an additive from an auto parts store that specifically states for cleaning cat/converters, and have your fuel injectors flushed.

see how it goes after that.