Problem with memory seats on 2001 Infiniti QX4

Tungsten

So I was looking at a friend's 2001 QX4 and he complained that every morning the battery would be completely dead on it. At first, I thought it must have been the alternator, so I tested the voltage output with a multimeter and the output was good so it wasn't the alternator. Then he said the seats move by themselves for no apparent reason, even with the cancel switch set to cancel. I realized that this may be a problem since the seats also move when the key is out of the ignition. So I ran the diagnostics as specified in the FSM and counted the blinks but it looked like the memory control panel (located on the driver's door) came up with more than one code and one of them was the speed sensor circuit yet the speedometer works fine. For the time being, to prevent the battery from going dead, I have de-activated the power seat controls by disconnecting the circuit breaker to them that was behind the lower dashboard on the left side. From what I have read online, Nissan has had problems with the memory seats failing. Is there a common solution to this?

Edited by Tungsten