Complete Kit Input

TKO125

I joined the about a month ago specifically for advice on what I can do to my 2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4. I have saved a little over 2k to put into it and was hoping for some feedback. I had a few questions and of course am looking for input.

Lift Kit: I know 4x4 parts.com has the complete kit listed for $700. Is this what anyone out there would recommend buying? Should I sub any parts or just buy the straight away kit?

Assuming I were to purchase the above kit, I want to put BF Goodrich All-Terrains on my stock rims. What is the biggest size that fits without and shaving? Stock Rims

I would like to put an off-road front bumper on it as well. I have seen a member photo with one but cannot seem to locate one online.

Aside form this, other plans include a Roof rack with some off-road lights.

Any insight, criticism/critique would be appreciated as I plan on purchasing within the next several weeks.

I joined the about a month ago specifically for advice on what I can do to my 2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4. I have saved a little over 2k to put into it and was hoping for some feedback. I had a few questions and of course am looking for input.

Lift Kit: I know 4x4 parts.com has the complete kit listed for $700. Is this what anyone out there would recommend buying? Should I sub any parts or just buy the straight away kit?

Assuming I were to purchase the above kit, I want to put BF Goodrich All-Terrains on my stock rims. What is the biggest size that fits without and shaving? Stock Rims

I would like to put an off-road front bumper on it as well. I have seen a member photo with one but cannot seem to locate one online.

Any insight, criticism/critique would be appreciated as I plan on purchasing within the next several weeks.

Your gunna get this response....USE THE SEARCH....ALL those ????? have been answered dozens of times over and over...most of the topics are "pinned" in top of the R50 section...meaning all repeated and important topics are all nicely laid out and organized. I spent at least 10-15 hours researching while i bought and installed my lift!!! I'm by NO means a mechanic but the time i took reading made my decisions easier and my installation smooooth(ish)

On the other hand...i have a 2001 SE that ive recently lifted and such so P.M if u want?

Tye

Buy the KYB strut lift kit from 4x4parts.com and dont get the rancho's you will also need to go get new upper strut mounts and bearings as the ones that come with the kit fail eventually; with that lift you should be able to fit 31's no problem with some trimming you can fit 33's; as for bumpers there are sites that makes them custom but I dont remember the url so do some searching but it gets expensive; or you could find a local fab shop and have them make you one.

you should get the 2" lift springs from 4x4parts.com. as far as everything else, you can get them wherever you want. i would suggest bilstein shocks for the rear. also get KYB struts. i have never heard a bad thing about them. tons of people hate the ranchos and have gotten KYB's instead. you can find the shocks and struts on 4x4parts.com, however it is a little pricey. i got my struts from amazon, and the shocks from 4x4parts. you're also going to want to get camber alignment bolts. these can be purchased from 4x4parts, or at summitracing.com for half the price. you want 14mm camber bolts. if you are going with the AC lift, get 2 pairs of bolts. your then going to want to get NEW OEM ( from your nissan dealership ) upper strut mounts and strut bearings. you can also get these from factorynissanparts.com. i feel like im forgetting something, but i dont think i am. you should consider warn hubs to help alleviate stress on the cv's and improve gas mileage. you can get the warn hubs anywhere, amazon, ebay...the part number you need is 29091 for the locking hubs. again everything is covered here...

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=4990

I picked up the kit from AC with the Bilstien/KYB's... as mentioned above, you may find it cheaper if you source the shocks/struts yourself.

As for the bumper, ARB makes (made?) them for our trucks, as well as KMA. http://www.kenmtn.com/ A warning regarding KMA, they have really long lead times, and I have heard mixed reviews regarding quality.

There's a pinned topic in the R50 section where members have posted what mods (lift) is on their truck, and what tires they have been able to fit - I would check that out.