power door locks

Daves94XE

i have a problem and it is really ticking me off. my 94 pathy has power door locks and windows. ok i can lock the doors with the power button on the door and then unlock them with the button and all the doors unock like there suposed to. i can push down on the lock rod at the top of the door and as soon as i unlock it with the switch the passenger can't get out. everytime i unlock the door as soon as they pull the latch the freakin door locks back. they can manually pull the lock rod and it locks back everytime. i finally have to unlock the door with the key fob. is there anyway to fix this or am i SOL?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey man,

Pretty much the exact same thing happened to me back in '02. I was on a vacation with my son and girlfriend at the time fishing down at Matagorda. We were drivin on the beach and I assume some sand got up in my electrical wiring or something. Maybe it was the salt water. Whatever it was did a number on my door locks. If I manually locked the door lock, it would start running opposite the electric locks. (if I tried to unlock it with the electric locks it would lock the door instead). Luckily there was a pretty simple fix (little japanese fella at the nissan dealership was pretty familiar with the problem). All you got to do is pop off the driver side door panel and disconnect the wiring to the window controls. Then you need to remove rest of the panels that have electric locks on them, to expose the wiring. All you have to do then is just replace the bg1-7 relay circuit. Make sure to use the one with the green wire cover. They are only about $0.40 at walmart. Then all you gotta do is reconnect the main wiring from the driver side door. Fixed my problem right up. Hope it works for you!

Best regards,

Tom

Hey man,

Pretty much the exact same thing happened to me back in '02. I was on a vacation with my son and girlfriend at the time fishing down at Matagorda. We were drivin on the beach and I assume some sand got up in my electrical wiring or something. Maybe it was the salt water. Whatever it was did a number on my door locks. If I manually locked the door lock, it would start running opposite the electric locks. (if I tried to unlock it with the electric locks it would lock the door instead). Luckily there was a pretty simple fix (little japanese fella at the nissan dealership was pretty familiar with the problem). All you got to do is pop off the driver side door panel and disconnect the wiring to the window controls. Then you need to remove rest of the panels that have electric locks on them, to expose the wiring. All you have to do then is just replace the bg1-7 relay circuit. Make sure to use the one with the green wire cover. They are only about $0.40 at walmart. Then all you gotta do is reconnect the main wiring from the driver side door. Fixed my problem right up. Hope it works for you!

Best regards,

Tom

^ this. Well said.

Edited by nitrohazelton

• 5 months later...