sfd shocks

qx4paulo

so i installed my sfd kit from andrew.... man what an amazin----------g fab job on this thing, very well made..

just have a question for those of you who have done this... does it matter the direction the f350 kyb's get installed... regular or inverted(upside down)

some people say no but i was looking online and its says on some shocks it does...

I went to Advanced Auto parts and ordered Rancho RS5000's for a 2000 F250 with a 4" lift and customized the bushing with the metal sleeve on the shock because it is not a direct bolt on and will have to be modified. I just bought some extra bushings and cut the rubber lips off the bushing in the shock and after heating it up I pushed it out with a ball joint press and the new one slid right in. I had to use the ball joint press because the F250 rancho bushings have a metal sleeve in it that squeezes the bushing in. That is what I did but you may decide to go a different route; as for mounting I just mounted it regular.

DSC_0167-1.jpg

6.jpg

my q has the big bolt on the bottom.... its attached to the perch... the small bolt is on top.. the 350 shocks are inverted and so they dont work at. my truck just bounces all over the road..

amy ideas

I went to Advanced Auto parts and ordered Rancho RS5000's for a 2000 F250 with a 4" lift and customized the bushing with the metal sleeve on the shock because it is not a direct bolt on and will have to be modified. I just bought some extra bushings and cut the rubber lips off the bushing in the shock and after heating it up I pushed it out with a ball joint press and the new one slid right in. I had to use the ball joint press because the F250 rancho bushings have a metal sleeve in it that squeezes the bushing in. That is what I did but you may decide to go a different route; as for mounting I just mounted it regular.

DSC_0167-1.jpg

6.jpg

wish i had a press.. i would do exactly what u did

wish i had a press.. i would do exactly what u did

You can go rent a ball joint press from a auto parts store for $100 and then return it and get your monety back... thats what I did.... took maybe 15 minutes... Mechanic shops do it all the time unless they have one... or you could just go to a shop and they would charge you maybe $15? I have the same setup as you big bolt on the bottom which is made into the axle and small bolt on top.... I had to change the bushing for the big bolt.

Edited by muddfildvaynes