today's junkyard finds and a fe w questions

ahardb0dy

Today was a pretty good day at the local junkyards, finally found a set of the rear door (hatch) struts that actually hold the door up !! They were aftermarket ones, had no problem installing them until I got to the last ball mount on the top and the nut inside fell off, so I put a nutsert (rivnut) in but had to re-thread the ball mount to 5/16 thread, it's holding so far.

Found a transfer case shifter boot in perfect condition, a pass. side sun visor in better shape than the one I had but drivers side was missing already. I got a headlight from a 525 BMW to try and use for one of my grille lights, it's made by Hella, got home and broke out the original lens which was cracked already and discovered the BMW lens is about a 1/4" smaller in diameter, will have to check out the Bosch lens I saw in a Mercedes next time I go.

Got a rear tranny mount that looks to be in almost new condition, (better then my broken one), question about the mount, one side the metal is curved inward and the other side the metal is straight any one know which end goes forward or if it matters? Pic of a mount like the one I got below:

20kap3t.jpg

and for the best find although I didn't get them yet but may go back tomorrow, I found a 90 pathfinder with a pair of Warn manual hubs, tried to remove them but didn't have a Allen wrench to fit the screws, according to info I found in the garage section the spine count from 90 to 95 is the same so they should fit right?? Is $30 a good price for the pair of hubs?

went back to junkyard today got the hubs, had to drill out one bolt. Got home and cleaned them all up. One looks like it was under salt water or something as the inside of the part you turn is all covered with this white stuff. Good thing is they appear to be the 28 spine hubs so they should fit.