Factory fog lights?

Specv1973

Hey gurus......I need help with my fogs. I just ordered all new PIAA bulbs for the headlights and fogs as well as new wiring kits with relays etc based on the pinned forum on getting brighter lighting in here. I just ran through the wiring a little bit on my fogs and they already have a relay setup. It's all Bosch lighting,relay,etc. Was that a factory thing? Anyway, I've got a problem. There is a green wire (ground?) and a white wire (hot?) leaving the relay going into the cab and to the factory switch in the console (maybe this is a factory setup, hmmm) and coming into the switch is the green, the white, and a new purple wire. Is that purple wire hot or ground or switched or not, I dunno. Looks like it comes from the steering column area I'm guessing. Tried to follow the wire loom to see where the purple wire comes in to the mix, but I can't see it for sure without taking more stuff apart. Maybe it's tied in to the headlight switch so the fogs can't come on without the headlights first? I'm lost guys, and the switch dosen't tell me where the wires go to either on the pins, and I already hooked it up wrong once and blew the fuse to my passenger headlight. wtf? I've looked at every wiring schemtic I could in the FSM and the Chilton, but no of them show the fogs, only the headlights.......ahhhhhh!

It's amazing how things come to you after you read your own writing....I fixed it with my test light like I should have before I confused myself. I'm a dumbass. White is hot and green is ground for the fogs. The purple wire IS tied into the headlight switch. Fogs won't come on without headlight switch on. So white and purple go on the 12V side of switch and green goes on the other side. Duh! Makes sense now....whew! :crossedwires:

• 2 weeks later...