Manuel Transmission

AZ87Pathy

So the person I bought my pathy from was in mid clutch replacement but didnt want to remove the torsion bars so it just sat there for a few months until he was told to get rid of it. I purchased it and have replaced the clutch and pressure plate. Here is my Issue, I have lined everything up used a factory alignment tool, bolted the tranny back together 4 times now and the throw out bearing will not go further then a 1/4 on inch not allowing me to install the slave cylinder. I try to push it and it still just just hangs, would anyone have any ideas?

It could be the wrong pressure plate or wrong throwout bearing. The throwout bearing could be on backwards or not be pressed onto it's sleeve all the way. The clutch fork could be off it's pivot or the fork's fingers could be on the throwout sleeve the wrong way. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head. Next thing I would do it compare the parts that you installed to the ones you took out.

Great i will definitely look at that, I will play with the fork and see if that is where the issue lies. I made the rookie mistake and tossed the old parts, will never do that again. I took pressure plate to checker oreilly and it matched up. So the fork look likes the best place to look now. Thanks Mister510 for the ideas!