Two trouble codes, help please

sherwood

My check engine light came on two days ago. My vehicle seemed to be running fine. I put it on the computer and received these two error codes. P0733 was pending twice and the other only pended once. They are both active now.

P0733 refers to Gear 3 Incorrect Ratio

P0510 refers to Throttle Position Switch

I'm pretty sure I have a bad ABS or Speed sensor because when I changed my CV shaft I must have ruined it. I wasn't sure if that would cause the problem, but that was months ago and my ABS light has been on since. I figured I wouldn't worry about ABS till winter. I do have over sized tires too, my speedometer is only off about 4 MPH.

I don't know these scanners too well so my boss messed with it. He put it on active mode and it showed my throttle at 91% and my idle at 9%. He messed with I'm guessing the TPS and adjusted it till it was at 100%. It runs fine when in drive, but when idling it runs very fast. it idles around 2500rpm.

As of this moment only 6 people have viewed this topic and since you double posted you are considered one of them, myself being another, I would suggest you give it a bit more time then 12 hours.

I don't know the R50s well at all so I recommend going to the Garage section and checking towards the top for the thread of where to download the FSM. That's going to be your best diagnostic tool available. I'm assuming you have the auto tranny? Why do you think you damaged the ABS or Speed sensor?? Have you filled the reservoir or bled the brakes??

B

I assumed I ruined an ABS sensor because as soon as I replaced the CV shaft the light came on. I was reading somewhere that messing with them in the slightest can ruin them. I also read that giving them a little cleaning can make it work again. Anyway...I checked the Voltage from the PCM to the TPS, which is good. But the part I'm confused about is the ohms coming from the closed and open throttle. Ohms are at zero when it's closed and the ohm reading is supposed to gradually go up as I open the throttle. The ohm reading topped out at 230 something, but dropped to 80 and back up, and this was wide open. Does that mean the TPS is in fact bad?

I adjusted the TPS back to where is was originally and haven't noticed any problems since. It's weird...but if my check engine light comes on again sporting the same codes I'm just going to replace the TPS and call it a day.