A/C Clutch bearing

joeyd50

I switch to Comcast and had the hardest time finding this site. I have a 1994 P/U XE V6 3.0 4X4 I need to know if I need any special tools to remove the A/C clutch? I'm replacing the A/C clutch bearing, I also like to know if this bearing is pressed in?

Thanks

Joe

i pulled mine off and greased the bearing. you will have to make or find a clutch removal tool.and a pair of snap ring pliers, the bearing is a press fit but not much trouble to get out. DO NOT PULL IT OFF WITHOUT RECOVERING THE SYSTEM IT WILL BLOW THE SEAL OUT OF THE COMPRESSOR! and trust me you do not want refrigerant and oil in you eyes and lungs.

i pulled mine off and greased the bearing. you will have to make or find a clutch removal tool.and a pair of snap ring pliers, the bearing is a press fit but not much trouble to get out. DO NOT PULL IT OFF WITHOUT RECOVERING THE SYSTEM IT WILL BLOW THE SEAL OUT OF THE COMPRESSOR! and trust me you do not want refrigerant and oil in you eyes and lungs.

Thanks guys, I saved the website, thats some scary $hit that ref. and oil in eyes. Do you know how to recover the system? I see bad enough now as it is.

Thanks

Joe