Lockers or Limited Slip

mudfinder

i was talking to this guy at work, i was telling him that i was going to get lockers for my path. i wanna get the lock-rite locker. he asked me if my path was LSD i said no it's not, he said that it might be better if i get Limited Slip than a locker. what would work better on climbing hills or better yet for offroading? i was so going to order the locker today. :furious:

another thing, i found this locker, would this work? it says it's for h233b 31splin, what's 31 splin, please say it will work. here's a link:

lock-rite locker h233b 31 splin

The lockers for sale that I posted was a bud in Cali. Those are the ARB lockers front and rear. Will require hoses and onboard air to operate them.

That guy must be smoking crack. I'll take a Locker over LSD anyday. The downfalls about having a locker on the highway is the vehicle tends to fishtail? under icy, snowy, and very wet conditions. Also you lose your turning radius, and the tires tend to wear out a lil bit more. LSD has a similar effect only when both tires are firmly planted on the road. When one tire is off the ground or not firmly on the ground (not the same load as the other tire), the tire on the firm ground has a tendency to slip a little. Reason it slips is because an LSD is a clutch pack type of unit.

Spline count is the number of splines on the ends of the axle shafts inside the axle housing. Our pathfinders have a 31 spline count as opposed to the newer frontiers/xterra that have a 33 spline count.