UnEVEN rear SUSPENSION?

joehurdler

My 03 Pathy LE has has its rear suspension a little uneven in height. I noticed this while doing a walk around of the vehicle and saw that my driver side rear looked like it sags a bit lower then the passenger side rear. After doing some measurements, it turns out that my driver side rear sags 1-2 inches lower then my passenger side rear. This difference is in both the body's wheel well to tire clearance and from the wheel well to ground as well.

In terms of possible suspension damage from load; there was a couple occassions where I had loaded a bunch of sand bags and stepping stone/walk way stones in the trunk area. Though, I don't think I exceeded more then max weight handling capability. Believe the max is 1000 lbs? Anyhow, was wondering if anyone had any experience or thoughts on the cause of this and what parts would be responsible? I'm thinking the stock shocks or maybe even the coils?

Later, Joe

darn if filling up your tank makes the suspension compress that much....you definitely should be chacking out the shocks and springs. Maybe even having the dealer check it out (BITE MY TOUNGE!) If its still under warranty. Even before my lift, my 97 never sagged when i filled it up. And my shock literally fell apart before I finished unbolting them from the truck.

So I called the dealer, and they said, "Your vehicle can have up to a 1.5 inch variance" in suspension height/ground clearance. But honestly, I think thats bull@!*%. ALL 3 sides are equal except for that one corner on the driver side Rear. So I'm thinking the dealer is just saying that to get out of doing warranty work.

Well the dealer gets paid for doing warrenty work - so I'm not sure they would be worried about doing the work. Call another dealer and see what they say. I would believe about 1/2 (maybe 1 inch) varience, but 1.5 seems alot.

~Jason