vg30e specs

shotzie417

the reason why im asking is because, i am trying to find a new cam.my dad and i are about to rebuild the heads and possably the hole engine and why not upgrade while we have the chance. any suggestions on a cam. we arnt really looking for a high performance motor, just something with a little more power and torque. i was thinking about a cam from 4x4parts.com it is a .440"/260* cam with new lifters, and springs, and possably porting and polishing the heads and intake manifolds while we are at it plus some other little upgrades but nothing else major. any suggestions or opinions?

yes 3.3's are cheap to come by. for street use the 4x4 parts cam (JWT S1) will be nice(good for the 3.3) a little lope @ idle but otherwise well mannered. Power comes in over 2k

Schneider does a regrind called the 256H Lower peak numbers but it comes in sooner. the cost is less and if you stay with a 3.0 it will be more well mannerd (bigger cams behave better with bigger dispalcement)

whatever route you choose YOU MUST USE a ZDDP break in additive for your first start and break in(I used scnieder formula 2). Since 2004 ZDDP has been removed from many oils but it is the lifeblood to keeping our engines happy and quiet (esp for run in/ break in).