Slushbox is slipping.....

wofat

I never had a good feeling about this tranny, now it's starting to slip. I need to nurse it along for awhile but I wanna do a 5 speed conversion. I already found alot of threads on this, but if anybody thinks they know of a really good one I'd love a link.

If anybody's parting a car in Tacoma, or if anybody wants to split a parts car let Me know. Obviously I need the tranny, pedals, floor plates, master and slave, flywheel, console and sticks. I don't need glass, interior, panels, engine, I think I'm good for drivelines, You know, pretty much all the rest. If I could get fender flares and a rear window with the wind deflector, a passenger armrest and a dash (no gauges, don't need 'em) that would be a plus but def not a deal breaker.

Lemme know.

TIA!

Add an aftermarket ATF cooler and top it up with Lucas Auto Trans Fix and that should see you through for a while :)

Yeh, that's the band-aid fix I'll have to do. I already have a dose of lucas in there but I'll add another jug at least. I'm hoping to get a junkyard Ford cooler, You know what models had 'em?

I vote you do the heavy duty auto swap...

I don't think I could ever figure out how to rebuild an automatic and I don't have enough money to pay someone to do it. I did a Toyota five speed once (new bearings, some spacers and seals) but I don't have the tools or knowledge to rework an auto. I could freshen up a five speed if it's not beat to sh*t. The last pathy I had was a stick and that mofo was punchy, I miss that.

I don't think I could ever figure out how to rebuild an automatic and I don't have enough money to pay someone to do it. I did a Toyota five speed once (new bearings, some spacers and seals) but I don't have the tools or knowledge to rework an auto. I could freshen up a five speed if it's not beat to sh*t. The last pathy I had was a stick and that mofo was punchy, I miss that.

It's not a rebuild. They are in the 01+ xterras and frontiers. Just to be on the safe side, try and get an '01. Mister510 would be able to give specifics. They basically took the stock transmission in our trucks and the hardbody, and built it up to handle ~270hp.

It's not a rebuild. They are in the 01+ xterras and frontiers. Just to be on the safe side, try and get an '01. Mister510 would be able to give specifics. They basically took the stock transmission in our trucks and the hardbody, and built it up to handle ~270hp.

JUst Xterra and Frontier? Not the pathys? There's an 01 auto on cl right now for 500 bones.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/pts/1770671084.html

MORE INFO!!!!!!!!

:cheetos: