HI! I'm new!

edta1

Hi everyone!

I'm new! I own a 2001 Stock Nissan Pathfinder SE. :takebow:

I'm no mechanic but I'm starting to pick up a lot from working on my Pathfinder and maintaining other cars. Eventually, I would like to lift the car 2-3" and add bigger tires. Adding HP would be nice too. The first thing I noticed is there are not a lot of places that make after market stuff for the Pathfinder. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

Also, how much do you guys spend on your mods? Is modding possible to do in an average joe's garage? or do I have to take it to a shop?

Welcome to the forum! WAVEY

I recently became the owner of a stock 2001 Pathfinder SE. You can do many of the mods yourself depending on your tools and mechanical ability. I'm no mechanic, but I usually try doing my mods/repairs myself before taking it in to a shop. 4x4parts.com and 4wheelparts.com are the only places I know of where you can buy aftermarket stuff for Pathfinders, but I'm sure there are others out there. You can pretty much spend as much as you want on your mods, but from what I've seen so far, it looks like the 2-3" lift for the R50 Pathfinders are around $700, then some bigger wheels and tires would probably run just under $1000.

Welcome to the forum! WAVEY

I recently became the owner of a stock 2001 Pathfinder SE. You can do many of the mods yourself depending on your tools and mechanical ability. I'm no mechanic, but I usually try doing my mods/repairs myself before taking it in to a shop. 4x4parts.com and 4wheelparts.com are the only places I know of where you can buy aftermarket stuff for Pathfinders, but I'm sure there are others out there. You can pretty much spend as much as you want on your mods, but from what I've seen so far, it looks like the 2-3" lift for the R50 Pathfinders are around $700, then some bigger wheels and tires would probably run just under $1000.

Hello!

What are "the R50 Pathfinders"?

I try to do all my repairs and maintenance myself first too. It's fun but can be time consuming. I can't do major repairs or mods unless I know I can finish it in one day since it is my primary source of transportation.

Also, Do you know if lifts can be installed in an average person's garage? I have jack stands and all that but do I need hydralic lifts and other equipment not accessible to average joe?

This forum is great! I used to think that Pathfinder owners don't mod their cars so I was stuck in a world by myself. And there is this community!

R50 is the chassis code for Pathfinders for the years 1996-2004. The old 1987 - 1995 Pathfinders were called the WD21 chassis.

You should be able to install the lift in your garage, I think the only special tool you would need other than the obvious wrenches, sockets, jacks, stands, etc would be a strut compressor tool. There may be a better name for it, but from what I've read about others doing their own lifts, this is the only special tool the average garage mechanic probably wouldn't have.