What Did I Get Myself Into?

c136

hey all

i picked up a 93 pathfinder about a month ago. after several cherokees and then a 240sx, i needed something bigger to drive from VA to CA. after a little maintenance, i think ill be good for the cross country trip now. I put some 31s on it and tune up parts, a new window regulator, trans fluid looks good but i think its a liltle over full, so ill drain and fill that again. has a shimmy in overdrive, so i think the torque converter has some issues, but im crossing my fingers that a drain and fill and not using OD will get me and my pup to LA. lots of useful info in here...

A flush and drain rarely hurts. Make sure to have the motor running with the tranny warm, shift into all gears, (reverse to first) and then back through each one until you hit park and check the level then.

I don't know about the shimmy but the TC can't lock up if it isn't in overdrive, so play with it first and see if that makes a difference. Cross country with no overdrive will be high rpms and more gas...

Good luck, and if you are ever in NorCal, give me a holler...

B

yeah the consensus seems to be a TC problem, as long as its over 60mph it has no shimmy with overdrive... with OD on it it shakes at about 50-55, click it off and it goes away... no big deal i hope, ill put a new trans in when i get to LA. I plan on going to norcal a good bit, so maybe we can meet up one weekend