Inspecting The Winter Damage

dhardison

Nice day and I'm off after working 7 straight days so I crawled under the Path and looked around.

Should I be concerned about the rotted out torsion bar dust cover in the first pic? Are they hard to change?

Anybody got a guess why there is oil on my cv joint in pic two?

Everything else looks pretty good to me but I'm no expert so if you see anything else that looks bad or might be a future problem all help is appreciated.

ch1a.jpg

ch1b.jpg

ch1.jpg

ch2.jpg

ch3.jpg

ch4.jpg

ch5.jpg

ch6.jpg

ch7.jpg

ch8.jpg

Anybody got a guess why there is oil on my cv joint in pic two?

ch1b.jpg

Do you change your own oil? That looks like residue from removing the oil filter. Time to break out the brake clean and clean it up. (I imagine your starter is oily as well)

Do you change your own oil? That looks like residue from removing the oil filter. Time to break out the brake clean and clean it up. (I imagine your starter is oily as well)

No, and after reading posts in here about getting the filter off I knew I never would.

What do you mean? The filter isnt that hard to remove. But, I have done 1345643 oil changes on pathfinders. All you have to do is reach down over the right fender next to the manifold and twist it off. Put a pan underneath to catch the oil. If you have to, you can get a oil filter wrench down there to loosen the filter.

Now, if you have headers, thats a different story....

Agreed, nothing out of the norm here. As for the boot thing on the torsion bar... I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure you could find a replacement somethere, but mine have been like that for almost 10 years and after swapping to aftermarket bars. No problemo in my book.