Hear A Squeeky Friction Noise In Front End When Hard Turning

muddfildvaynes

I have noticed lately that when I hard turn my wheels all the way to the left or right I hear a squeeky noise coming from the struts maybe; mostly the drivers side. Any idea on what this is? It isn't effecting my drivng at all just more of a annoyance...

sounds like a strut bearing is going south !... don't wait to long to have a look at it. Someone here in the past had kyb strut bearing fail on him in a catastrophic way... If they make that sound, it means they are probably toasted.. Get yourself some from nissan :

ref# : 54325 Pathfinder BEARING-STRUT MOUNTING

sounds like a strut bearing is going south !... don't wait to long to have a look at it. Someone here in the past had kyb strut bearing fail on him in a catastrophic way... If they make that sound, it means they are probably toasted.. Get yourself some from nissan :

ref# : 54325 Pathfinder BEARING-STRUT MOUNTING

How do I find out if this is the problem? How hard is it to fix and what does it entail? Are you talking about the upper strut mount also known as the strut bearing? I just replaced this when I put in the 2" lift with the KYB struts... I pu t these in about 3 months ago they shouldn't already be going out should they?

• 2 weeks later...

When does it make the noise? Mine has started making a noise in the front when I turn at low to no speed. Mine has started a few months after putting in new struts in front as well

When I am turning going a slow speed or when I am just stopped and turning the wheels.... It sounds like a bushing or rubber on rubber type squeeking sound...... I still have no clue what it is.... I have checked out both upper strut mounts also known as "strut bearings" and they seem to be fine, the strut looks brand new except for the dirt on it.... I'm kind of stumped....

How do I find out if this is the problem? How hard is it to fix and what does it entail? Are you talking about the upper strut mount also known as the strut bearing? I just replaced this when I put in the 2" lift with the KYB struts... I pu t these in about 3 months ago they shouldn't already be going out should they?

Kyb strut bearing have been renowned to be problematic.... It's the part that goes between the strut mount(rubber) and the upper strut mount. It's the little plastic ring that has alot of pressure on it , and when it starts to fail, screaching noise starts..

You will have no choice but to disassemble the strut to really have a look at it...because it it really fails, then you will have a bigger bill.... if it's not that then you have lost a weekend and you can go on to the next logical thing....(Which would probably be tie-rod related, but i doubt it..they don't usually make screaching noise, but more like clunking noises..)

... it's not the noise that the power steering makes when you put too much stress on it, is it? Mine will squeal if I steer all the way one way... all I need to do is let up on the steering wheel a tad, and it's quiet.

Sorry about the late response, it is kind of a clicking, noise. I only notice it a low speed, I never notice anything when I am driving at normal speeds. It also only makes a noise when turning. I don't know if this helps, but what kind of symptoms to bad strut mounts make?