Pretty Clever Pa System Placement

swapdip

So because any good redneck needs a cb with a PA speaker to yell through, I picked up a set just today. At a loss for a good, dry place under the hood to mount the speaker, I came up with this little number:

IMG_1852.jpg

Mounted right on the underside of the hood with sheetrock screws which were just short enough not to poke thru to the other side.

IMG_1853.jpg

As you can see when the hood lowers it just slides right into that little cavity there. Stays dry, forward facing, and really accessable with no removal of other parts. Pretty damn proud of myself.

IMG_1854.jpg

And the unit sits up top.

IMG_1855.jpg

PS ignore the obvious fire hazard of that all that speaker wire. The truck is always too wet to catch on fire anyhow.

Edited by swapdip

It wasn't my idea, the previous owner put it on there. I pulled it up one day and the dash is cracked but not even all that bad really, I'm not sure why she did that. But it doesnt bother me none.

Edited by swapdip

Great job on speaker placement! :aok: For the cb radio, I found a lower housing in a 93 that mounts right below the stereo. I guess it was for an EQ or something for the radio. I think it would make a perfect place to mount a CB radio. Would look almost factory installed. I would get a picture but I haven't put it in yet. Maybe someone else already has and can post a pic.

James