Tranny Cooler Option?

swapdip

OK so I get it that the tranny cooler should be bypassed and an aftermarket installed, but I was wondering if it is worth it to install a t-junction in the hose and run a second filter in conjunction with the first. This way both coolers are used, but if the stock one gets clogged up there should still be more than adequate flow and cooling through the aftermarket one. My cooler still seems to have good flow so it seems a shame to bypass it altogether, I was wondering if a couple of T joints in the hose would make it possible to use them both but not one after the other, eliminating the need to rely on a single one.

If anyone has had any luck with this system pls let me know, I don't want to make some kind of a thermodynamic vortex or something that eliminates all fluid flow.

I wouldn't even bother with that, the factory coolers are prone to clogging at any point and a single aftermarket cooler is the simplest and most reliable way to make sure your transmission stays cool and largely problem free.

I have an inline filter/temperature sensor and an after market tranny cooler while bypassing the stock cooler. I just bought another cooler and will install that in series before summer (possibly with a bypass valve) as in certain conditions the tranny runs hotter than I want.

B