disc rotor removal 4wd

slobogus

So I am doing my first 4wd disc rotor replacement on my 00 pathfinder.Looking at the manual I have it looks like I need to remove the hub cap snap ring drive flane lock washer bearing lock nut then the hub and bearing to actually remove the rotor.Is this correct or will the whole assembly come off with the rotor?Any help appreciated

Welcome to NPORA!!

The rotor is bolted to back side of the hub. So, the cap, clip and nut come off and then you can remove the washers and outer bearing IIRC. THe hub, rotor, and inner bearing come together.

This is a good time to clean and grease your bearings too, I recommend getting new inner grease seals. I got seals but not from the dealer and I regret it as they were slightly different.

Study the FSM, it is pretty decent.

EDIT: I note that your profile says 1987, but you have posted in the 96-04 section.... I don't own an 87, so I can't say if I what I wrote is correct.

Edited by BowTied

I agree with BowTied, it's perfect time to re-grease your bearings. It's also a good time to check your CV boots for cracks and wear, getting the axles off isn't much more work from that point.