Exhaust Manifold & ET-Auto Power

Guest volcom23

Guest volcom23

Whats up, I have a 95 Pathfinder xe and still trying to figure out all of its features. First off could someone tell me what that ET-Auto Power switch next to the cruise control is for? And when I should use it. Next i think i my exhuast manifold is going bad. when i first got the car it had a ticking sound from the engine. Now I think it has gotten worse because everytime i speed up it sounds different in a bad way. i heard headers is a good thing to get in place of the manifold. Two more questions: Will that make the truck faster and how much does it cost. Thanks! :shrug:

Your ET-Power switch stands for....I beleive (Power electronic transmition, that's my story and I'm sticking to it) :P . It basically makes your tranny shift at a higher RPM to give you more power while towing or passing. If you come on to your rig and look at that light on the switch, it will momentarilly come on while the tranny kicks into power mode.

As for your manifolds, there are lots of posts if you want to do research on this you can try a search. The short version is, if you fix the manifold problem, increase the size of your studs while you're at it. There's a couple of postings about headers also.