Factory Alarm Problems...

dkim568

Hey guys, I have a 93 SE that had a factory alarm that has worked well since I bought the truck. My button on my remote broke a couple years ago, but it was still fine until just a couple months ago. I unplugged my battery to do a tune-up and do some maintenance and when I plugged the battery back in, the alarm light on the center console began blinking fast, and the alarm stopped working...I've done some searching, and have seen that some people have had the same problem, but I couldn't find any solutions. Nothing even in the factory alarm service manuals that are posted on this forum...any ideas?

I've checked the fuse in the fusebox, checked the connections, etc...maybe something I missed. I haven't taken the time to completely take the box out from under the seat though...maybe something with that?

Hey guys, I have a 93 SE that had a factory alarm that has worked well since I bought the truck. My button on my remote broke a couple years ago, but it was still fine until just a couple months ago. I unplugged my battery to do a tune-up and do some maintenance and when I plugged the battery back in, the alarm light on the center console began blinking fast, and the alarm stopped working...I've done some searching, and have seen that some people have had the same problem, but I couldn't find any solutions. Nothing even in the factory alarm service manuals that are posted on this forum...any ideas?

I've checked the fuse in the fusebox, checked the connections, etc...maybe something I missed. I haven't taken the time to completely take the box out from under the seat though...maybe something with that?

I know sometimes when you take the battery out it can reset things. I know on the Honda we have, we replaced the battery and all the auto windows weren't auto anymore. Not sure how to get them back. Also when the light blinks fast, I think it's trying to say that it was tampered with or something like that. It could be the box. Taking the driver's seat out is a piece of cake so testing the connections wouldn't be a hard thing to do. An after market alarm wouldn't be a bad idea either... Food for thought.