Aftermarket Spring Replacement Question

Howie

Still getting stuff together for the lift, but now I have a question.

The stock springs have a polyurethane tube on them. Do the aftermarket springs have the same thing? If not, did you replace that tube with a new one, use the old ones, or just ignore it altogether?

thanks,

Howie

Still getting stuff together for the lift, but now I have a question.

The stock springs have a polyurethane tube on them. Do the aftermarket springs have the same thing? If not, did you replace that tube with a new one, use the old ones, or just ignore it altogether?

thanks,

Howie

I can say from experience that the OME coils do not have the rubber/plastic isolator on the coils. I'm 99% sure that the AC coils don't either. With the OME coils, the Nissan isolators will fit. I purchased new ones for the front coils since I wanted to assemble a 100% brand new unit off the truck and just swap strut assemblies. I probably could have purchased new ones for the rear coils since they're cheap too, but I just reused them.

if you don't use an isolator/sleeve on the bottom coil, you might get some additional noise but it's not a crucial part. Given the cheap price of the isolators if you order online, I'd just get 4 new ones. if you're on a really tight budget, reuse the old ones. mine had 114k on them and were in great condition - they don't really wear out and mine stayed very pliable (no dry rot).

Edited by CaughtLikeFire