Vg30E Vs Vg30De?

shotzie417

me and my dad are about to purchase a vg30de for $90. i was just wandering wat all would be needed to swap out the vg30e for the vg30de in the pathfinder.the pathy is 4wd and a five speed. i heard that the main things to worry about is the starter and the flywheel and possably the bellhousing for the transmision.also would the transfer case in the pathy fit on the transfer case on a nissan 300zx trany? i was told that the tranies in the pathy and the 300zx were the same modle but diffrent bell houseings? thanx in advanced

the 300zx 5spd trany housing is a closed-black housing and will not bolt to the t-case.

the Pathy 5spd trany housing is an OPEN-black housing which requres a t-case behind it to close it/ hold the oil in.

the any 2wd VG will also have a bigger oil pan and differant pickup tube. this will not clear the front diff unless you swap the 4wd pan and pickup tube. (pull the dipstick first and install it last or I hear it will get wedged beteween the block and baffle in the pan.)

the DE motor is WIDE the biggest challenge wil be getting it to fit in the narrow pathy engine bay. I have not seen it done yet.

Edited by MY1PATH

• 7 months later...

heh, what if they were turned upside down and swapped left to right and have some exhaust shop put together some tubes to run stacks with maybe some glass pack mufflers right out the hood with rain caps??

just wondering, as I'm looking for engine swap options right now too! xD