AUTO TRANNY FAILURES - Cheap offer

lgranch

:takebow: There are many many times that people write into this forum with failed or failing RE4R01A auto trannys. Being abit of an auto tranny experimentor, i have asked several times what is the failure mode that was found when tranny is repaired. I now have an answer. The common failure is a planetary failure in the tranny. This is a major part in the tranny.

Now for the good news. I am become associated with a tech school in Buffalo NY. In January they need auto trannys (and manual ones also) to let their students rebuild them. For the cost of the parts they will return it to you repaired. Now they offer NO warrenty, but the students are carefully supervised. Including the replacement of the planetary the parts costs are around $650. So if anyone has bad tranny ( auto or manual) and is willing to take a small risk, you could get a $1500 tranny rebuild for less than 1/2.

Before anyone says it, yes I know that shipping would kill the value and that you can get a Japanese take out for around $700 delivered to your door. If anyone is in either the Cleveland/Erie PA/Buffalo area I would be willing to do the transport, especially if you were giving the tech students the broken trans.

(The more trained Nissan mechanics in the world the better) -study-