P0461 Code Fuel Level Sensor

sicky

Just curious if anyone else on here has had to deal with that issue? My 03 (87,000 miles) Pathy decided to throw this code this morning. My real question is, do I have to replace the entire fuel assembly or can I just replace that sensor? Yes I know that I could just monitor my fuel range by keeping track of miles, but I am very anal about my cars and the CEL light being on would drive me bat-@!*% crazy.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Well this would be a good idea to fix. Just start with the cheapest solution. Resest the ecu (unplug the battery and hit the brakes a few times, then wait like 5 minutes). if that don't work, take the fuel pump assembly out and see if the float got stuck. If not that, then replace the sensor. If not that, then the fuel pump assembly must need to be replaced. Good luck.

Jose

Well this would be a good idea to fix. Just start with the cheapest solution. Resest the ecu (unplug the battery and hit the brakes a few times, then wait like 5 minutes). if that don't work, take the fuel pump assembly out and see if the float got stuck. If not that, then replace the sensor. If not that, then the fuel pump assembly must need to be replaced. Good luck.

Jose

I have a code scanner that allows me to clear the code(s), did that already. I am going to fill it up today and see if that might unstick the float. If that does not work, my question is: can I buy the sensor on its own or do I need to replace the entire assembly? have tried looking for just the sensor, but have not had much luck finding it.