New To The Forum

KJ139

Hello all. I am new to the forum but not to the sport. I have an '88 Cherokee that has just about every mod possible done to it and have wheeled trails including the Rubicon, Fordyce, Lakes Basin and many more in the XJ. I am currently building a '93 YJ for my son and have spent the last couple of evenings installing gears and lockers into his axles. I coached my son's football team this year and one of the other coaches and I became good friends and he is just getting started in wheeling. He has a Pathfinder and we have started the process of identifying which mods he wants and gathering parts. First of all...an SAS!

I hope I don't offend anyone by the fact that I don't have a Pathfinder; however, I relied on websites such as NAXJA (for Cherokees and anyone else who wants info), Pirate4x4, and Wrangler Forum for information that guided me through builds and other peoples' recommendations, experiences and mistakes. I'm hoping this project will teach me about Pathfinders while helping a friend and his family catch the wheeling bug. He's a great guy, but he doesn't have a lot of wrenching experience (he will by the time we're done); so without some help, he might not tackle this project...And besides, I can always use a little extra karma (the good kind).

Thanks for the forum!

Edited by KJ139

Welcome KJ!! Of course you are welcome to poke around and ask questions for your friend. I think it is great that you are building up a Pathfinder for him so he can pull you out or ferry your butt home when the jeep gets stuck or breaks down... :D

I'm sure you have checked out the SAS section already, there are some pretty heavy duty rigs in there!! :beer:

B