Replace Drive Belts

vanuatoo

Hello

Is there any step by step tutorial how to change drive belts on my 2003 pathy?

I know that there are two belts and I've already ordered them but don't know how to replace them.

Thanks.

I dont think there is s step-by-step for drive belts. Belts are some of the easiest work you can do yourself.

1. Remove front lower splash shield.

2. Loosen belt tensioner mounting nuts(14mm). Only a few turns are necessary.

3. Loosen belt tensioner bolt counterclockwise(12mm). You may need a extension for this(6in). Back them off until you can slip the belt off, or when you are at the bottom of the adjusting bolt(do not force).

4. Slip the belt off of the pulleys and manuver around and off of the fan. Slide the rear belt off the compressor and crank pulley.

5. Installation is reverse of removal. Adjust belts tight, but dont get carried away.

6. Tighten tensioner mount bolt.

7. Start engine and listen for any noise. If the belts are noisey, adjust further as needed.

8. Reinstall lower splash shield.

Hope that helps. If you have any mechanical skill, you should be able to do this rather easily. If you have any other questions, post them up.

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

I dont think there is s step-by-step for drive belts. Belts are some of the easiest work you can do yourself.

1. Remove front lower splash shield.

2. Loosen belt tensioner mounting nuts(14mm). Only a few turns are necessary.

3. Loosen belt tensioner bolt counterclockwise(12mm). You may need a extension for this(6in). Back them off until you can slip the belt off, or when you are at the bottom of the adjusting bolt(do not force).

4. Slip the belt off of the pulleys and manuver around and off of the fan. Slide the rear belt off the compressor and crank pulley.

5. Installation is reverse of removal. Adjust belts tight, but dont get carried away.

6. Tighten tensioner mount bolt.

7. Start engine and listen for any noise. If the belts are noisey, adjust further as needed.

8. Reinstall lower splash shield.

Hope that helps. If you have any mechanical skill, you should be able to do this rather easily. If you have any other questions, post them up.

Great write up. I did this on my 03 when I rolled 60k. It was a piece of cake and only took around 30mins to do it. Pretty easy task, just don't over-think what you are doing, and things will be fine.