New East Tn Member

Honor

Hows it going guys (and gals)! New member from East Tennessee. Many nice offroad trips to take here! Just got my 94 SE in a straight trade for my old 86 Toyota truck. Finally getting the previous owener out of it. Been into the timing belt 3 times so far. Once for a change, again to replace seals and again to move it ONE TOOTH! Last time took me a total of about an hour, maybe less. I'm loving the pathfinder so far. I can tell it's MUCH heavier than my old Yoda but it crawls like nobodys business. This is my hunting truck. Got it all camoed up now and it's purring like a kitten even though it's almost to the 300k mark.

Little about myself. I'm a tool and die man that has changed hats to that of a teacher. I'm teaching Machine Tool Technology (machine shop) at Tennessee Technology Center at Harriman TN. Talk about a change of pace... herding cats all day long. Any machining questions just give me a shout. If I don't know offhand I'll look it up. Big deer hunter and a trout fisher. The Pathfinder will be my man transport (a big total of 2 miles to work) and hunting wagon. I'll post up pics when I get a chance.

Thanks for an awesome site. Already helped out on the timing belt issue. I tried counting teeth but there wasn't anything that said where the 40 were (between the marks, one before and one after, etc...). I finally found a pic here where someone was doing theirs and low and behold I had it off by one. Explained the poor performance I was seeing that wasnt there before. SO...thanks already!

Welcome Honor, sounds like you are off to a good start... :D Yeah, the pathys are definitely heavier, that seems to help most times, not hurt... :shrug:

I'm a lowly machinist who makes optics and works with the mold makers. Metal Carver... :D

:beer:

B

Welcome to NPORA!!

Thanks Pezzy!

Hey Precise1 you know all moldmakers are crazy! I was the only diemaker that could polish for 8 hours without going crazy. You guys do that for fun I hear!