Brake Master Cylinder Bleed

andreus009

http://s859.photobucket.com/albums/ab153/a...0Bleed%20SetUp/

The link will take you to the pictures of the setup I used to bleed my new master cylinder.

The vinyl lines are run to below the truck into a container to catch the brake fluid.

Sequence I used:

Install all 3 bleed lines to start with. Pump the brake pedal to start the bleeding process. Check the lines to see how much fluid & air is in the line. If the line furthest from the firewall is mostly/all fluid, remove it and install the brake line. If not, pump the brake pedal some more and recheck. Repeat the pumping, checking of lines, and installing brake lines moving sequentially towards the firewall. Because the bleed lines will tend to drain out by gravity it may appear there is still air in the lines, but this process will get the majorityof the air out of the master cylinder. The rest you will have to get out with the normal brake bleeding process.

NOTE: Don't forget about not letting the reservoir run dry. Look on both sides of the reservoir because when the fluid gets low enough it starts taking it from only

one side depending on which lines are open.