temp sensor

Jessyj

Ok here is where i stand(i'm going nuts) the pathy is getting to much gasoline, some mechanic told to change the fuel pump, (but that didn't sound logical for me so i took it some where else) Now the new mechanic is telling me it's the ecu.

Which temp sensor you have recently replaced? Coolant temp sensor belonged to ECU (it has 2-contact waterproof connector), or a dasboard sensor (single-blade open contact on the head)?

If you have ECU sensor malfunction (or damaged sensor harness), air/fuel mixture ratio can be too rich.

Which temp sensor you have recently replaced? Coolant temp sensor belonged to ECU (it has 2-contact waterproof connector), or a dasboard sensor (single-blade open contact on the head)?

If you have ECU sensor malfunction (or damaged sensor harness), air/fuel mixture ratio can be too rich.

I change the coolant temp sensor, but problem with the ecu is that it's going directly into mode 2 it's not leting me choose the otro modes to pull codes

I change the coolant temp sensor, but problem with the ecu is that it's going directly into mode 2 it's not leting me choose the otro modes to pull codes

Are you sure that it is Mode 2, not any other mode? Describe in detail, please. ECU shoud be in Mode 1 after ignition switch on.

You have 3 wires on a diagnostic check connector (large plastic thing with 2 rows of contacts, on left side, under dashboard) routed from ECU. One wire from ECU selector, two from green and red LEDs. You can check to be sure these wires are not short-circuited to something else (damaged harness). Look at 1994 FSM, pages EF&EC-8 and 9 for complete wiring diagram of ECU.

If you'll find they are shorted, you can cut them near ECM connector instead of harness repair, as a last resort. They do nothing except external diagnostic board connection. But don't be in a hurry - explore problem deeply before any repair.

Edited by Terrano1992

• 6 months later...

Are you sure that it is Mode 2, not any other mode? Describe in detail, please. ECU shoud be in Mode 1 after ignition switch on.

You have 3 wires on a diagnostic check connector (large plastic thing with 2 rows of contacts, on left side, under dashboard) routed from ECU. One wire from ECU selector, two from green and red LEDs. You can check to be sure these wires are not short-circuited to something else (damaged harness). Look at 1994 FSM, pages EF&EC-8 and 9 for complete wiring diagram of ECU.

If you'll find they are shorted, you can cut them near ECM connector instead of harness repair, as a last resort. They do nothing except external diagnostic board connection. But don't be in a hurry - explore problem deeply before any repair.

After some months without any progress, finally a friend that is a mechanic dicide to let me put the pathy at his home so that we can work on it(won't sell it)

He made me a interesting question, he ask if the car has e problem and gives error codes, why does the check engine light off.(light is good,fuse is goood)

any ideas?

Ok new up date, saturday me and my friend ran all wires to si if they are not short but everthing seems ok, check the timing,check if timing belt is ok,everything checks out ok,

So we ran the codes again, gave us the maf sensor and knock sensor,so we that's it let change the knock sensor so when removing we come to find out that the hose going to the fuel pressure regulator is not connected,but we kept on going with the knock sensor replacement, ordered new gaskets for the intake frome rob,should get them next week and lets hope i get some improvement if not a problem solved :)