Temp sensor

Jessyj

I’ve posted a topic already about my pathy not reving past 2800 rpm, my plugs are black so I think the truck is running rich it’s not burning the fuel, the ecu keeps giving me a Maf senor code, but we’ve already test that with a new one but it runs the same, Know after some research I’ve come to notice that when I start the truck and let it run awhile my temp gauge stays limp( it lift just an inch or 2) so I’m guessing that my coolant temp sensor has gone bad.

So here my question is it possible that it might be the problem? Oh btw a temp sensor here is like $36.

And I really don’t want to spent more $ without that being the problem. This will be my last effort or else I’m taking to the mechanic

A few things you could check...Check the catalytic converters to see if they may be plugged (done at exhaust shop)...the exhaust could have a restriction to make engine labor...also, you could check simple stuff like air filter, thermostat, distributor...not being sarcastic, but you limited as to what you have already done to troubleshoot...

A few things you could check...Check the catalytic converters to see if they may be plugged (done at exhaust shop)...the exhaust could have a restriction to make engine labor...also, you could check simple stuff like air filter, thermostat, distributor...not being sarcastic, but you limited as to what you have already done to troubleshoot...

I had both converters removed same problem.i think i'm going to turn this over to a mechanic i've elimated lot of possible problems to no avail

I had both converters removed same problem.i think i'm going to turn this over to a mechanic i've elimated lot of possible problems to no avail

I wish you luck Jessyj...keep us posted on the outcome...might be some good results for future reference for others who might get the same problems. Just sucks that you are the guinea pig :unsure:

• 2 months later...