New Member from Canada

rwaterhouse

Hi All;

I recently acquired a 95 4x4 pickup and while looking for info on the net found this site, which appears to be THE best source, even though its a pickup not a Pathfinder. The truck will probably not be used too much off road, I bought it mostly for light hauling and getting to work when the snow is deep.

So far I've rebuilt the front end (everything other than control arm bushings) redone the back brakes and given it a major tuneup. Next on the list will be the timing belt and associated jobs. Truck has 315,000 km and runs great.

Looking for a bit of advice on what I think is driveshaft vibration. Basically at any speed as soon as it gets over 3000 rpm, there is a nasty sounding growl and vibration from underneath. I suspect u-joints or possibly the center bearing. Any thoughts?

Cheers

Roger

Welcome Roger!! Yeah, we have been getting a d21 owners lately. We figure you own about 2/3s of a Pathfinder so it's all good... :D

Gack up the rear end and support it well. Start the truck and put it in gear. Get out and look to isolate the sound, but odds are wither your rear end or your tranny will be jerked about violently. The u-joints would be the cause. Make sure to change both at the same time. I did a write up on it, so I'll find the link for you.

B