help my 87 won't idle after tune up!

01mggt

Ok, so I just bought an 87 pathy for winter driving here in Alaska for the last year I am stationed here. It's got 240k on the clock and still ran pretty smooth with just a slight chug when I bought her a couple days back. I figured I would do a slight tune up to cure the problem. I replaced the plugs with NGK and verified I had them gapped properly. Using a set of feeler gauges I get get .032 in between the gap of them nice and snug. I tried not to over tighten them for fear of stripping the old threads. I replaced all the wires one at a time and also replaced the dizzy cap and rotor. To replace the cap I simply took out the 2 or 4 screws (can't remember) and also change the rotor. it was lined up with a red mark inside so I made sure it was aligned with the same mark when I put it back in but I may have rotated it ever so slightly as there wasn't much resistance. I also removed the MAF sensor and cleaned it with MAF cleaner from the parts store. I sprayed it and let it dry over night. Also replaced the air filter. Put it all back together and it idled horrible. Almost like there was a big cam in it or something. Tried to drive it and at times had no power at all with the pedal to the floor. It even died once and refused to start without the pedal to the floor. I should also add that I put a can of seafoam in the tank and poured a small amount into the throttle body as well. The ECU had no stored codes as I had the battery cable removed. Any help?!?!

My distributor is loose enough to turn by hand....thinking maybe I bumped the dizzy and messed up ignition timing....right now if I try and start it it basically backfires out of the TB