Rough Country UCAs

Taoism

I am finally getting going on my project, after months of researching and acquiring parts and odd tools.

So I started assembling the upper control arms/spindles/bushings today and found that the bushing sleeves are seemingly the wrong size. They are longer than the length of the bushings. When assembled there is a gap between the factory outer washer and the bushing.

What should I do about this?

I am finally getting going on my project, after months of researching and acquiring parts and odd tools.

So I started assembling the upper control arms/spindles/bushings today and found that the bushing sleeves are seemingly the wrong size. They are longer than the length of the bushings. When assembled there is a gap between the factory outer washer and the bushing.

What should I do about this?

I had the same problem. I shortened them to about 1/8" shorter than the bushings. Worked fine.

After measuring them, the RC sleeves are almost exactly 2 inches long. The ones from my stock arms are 1.880-ish.

Oddly enough, at the local Ace Hardware I found some "bushings" that are .077 thick and almost exactly the same I.D. as the sleeve O.D.

they look like washers to me, but hey, if they wanna call them bushings, so be it. I'm gonna refer to them as shims. the outside diameter is a good match with the poly bushings that came with the control arms. They fill the void nearly perfectly allowing slight pressure on the RC poly bushings from the factory washers on the inside and on the outside from the shims, while still allowing them to rotate on the sleeves.

Edited by Taoism