'90 Pathy problems

kcmendy

Ok Everyone,

Bought a '90 Pathfinder for my step-son, Bearly ran, but it did run. Guy that it was bought from had put 2 stroke

gas in it....gas with 2 stroke oil in it. Replaced the plugs, cap and rotor, cleaned the MAS, put more gas in it without emptying the old gas, ran a little better. Parked it. Replaced the timing belt-- Already done this with my 95--

belt is good and right. I say this because I know someone is going to say the timing is off on the belt, I'm 99.9%

sure the timing is right on the belt, turned it over by hand 10 or 11 revolutions without any problems after the belt change.

NOW- the engine doesn't start, it sounds like it will start- sounds like it is out of time maybe firing too late. replaced the fuel filter, coil and inductor?(little box right behind the coil screwed to the intake). NO start- kinda

Diesels but no start. Fuel only pumps when trying to start it ( I thought it was a pressurized system, Is this

a fuel regulator thing that it only pumps fuel to the engine when it is started?) Fuel pump runs for a little while

when the key is turned on.

New plugs have a carbon dust on them from burning the 2 stroke oil(I hope). It did backfire once when I took the fuel line from the fuel rail and turned it over a few times to get some of the crappy fuel out of the lines.

I'm hoping clogged injectors from the crap gas, ANY INSIGHTS would be welcome.

Can't check the engine codes cause it doesn't run enough and the battery cables have been off while doing other things.

Thanks, kcmendy

Guy that it was bought from had put 2 stroke

gas in it....gas with 2 stroke oil in it.

Another guy here had a tow truck driver put diesel fuel in his. It sort of ran...

I'd pull a fuel line and pump out as much gas as possible, then add a few fresh gallons with some injector cleaner (Lucas makes some good stuff). Buy a can of starting fluid and use that to help get it fired up.

If needed, mark the distributor and then rotate it a little to see if it will catch then, but you shouldn't have to...

Getting it to start will allow you to check other things, as you know.

All this is under the assumption that the timing belt is correct. (Sorry, I had to say that) :D

B