2003 with 16" Rims - How big can I go?

Guest ckny

So I've read through many of the posts here but am still looking for pictures or first hand experience from anyone with a newer Pathfinder. How large of a tire can I put on my stock 16" rims? Would I be better to get aftermarket 15 -17" rims to fit a larger tire? If so, what should I look for in sizing.

I want to fit the largest/most aggressive tire I can on my 2003 SE 4wd. It will need to perform well in dirt and snow.

Thanks for any advice you can give... I'm also looking for pics of pathy's with large tires.

Chris

this size of the front brake rotors won't allow safe usage of 15" rims... I bought 16" black steel wheels to replace my stock 17x8 wheels cause there aren't a lot of tire choices in that size. If you go skinny with the tires like I did, you can get 235/85-16s with a 2" lift...

with no lift, I think you could get away with 245/75-16s - about 31 inches. My tires are 31.9 inches tall and required some minor trimming of the front bumper and adjustment to the inner fender liner to eliminate rubbing at full lock and stuff...

one thing I forgot to mention was that you will need different offset wheels to fit 32 inch tires as they will hit the strut when mounted on the stock wheels... I went to 4 inches of backspacing - also stated as zero offset for a 16x7" wheel... you'd be perfect with 16x8" wheels with 4 inches of backspacing when it comes to tire/strut clearance

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 03 and run

The MTR tire size is 255/70/R16 which gives me just over 1/2" more of clearence.

Stock size I believe is 29.4" and new MTR size is 30.9"

Just thought you would like to know there is no rubbing at all and I have put them to the test :)

:beer: