Hello from Edmonton

Hi there, I just got onto the site and I suppose I already broke the rules. I posted elsewhere before introducing myself, saw all the great information and jumped the gun I suppose. Anyhow, I'm from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I drive a 95 SE that I've had since 2004. I bought it with 115,000 Km. It now has 205,000 and I'm just starting to Modify it for offroad use. So far I've installed Headers and and Catback exhaust, I replaced the 235/17/15 tires for some 31 x 10.50 Pro-Comp Xtremes. New ARB bumper should be in shortly, and soon after that I'll be adding a winch. Hopefully lift by the the fall but I'm still undecided as to which direction I want to go. The way I see it I have 4 options, Trailmaster (save CV angles, destroy T-bars), Calmini 3" (Kill CV angles save T-bars), Calmini SUA (possibly rough ride for daily driver), Custom 3link or 4link (Holly $$$$ as I'm not a welder). Not sure how any of this will work out as I'm looking into replacing clutch and rebuilding transmission soon too. The list is large but now I found another great site with good info, Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello again almost 3 years later lol. I've been on the NOR site a few times, but haven't checked in here too often. Seems like there isn't a lot going on over there anymore. So I have made some additions since my last post. Installed ARB OME 3/4" lift springs in the back with OME shocks all around and SAW T-bars and a 2" body lift. The ARB bumper went in fine, but is looking weathered already, not thrilled with the bumper gaps after the body lift. The pathfinder is currently torn apart in the garage, I'm going to be adding Rough Country control arms in the front, I want to re-use the ARB rear coils, so a trip to the scrap yard with a measuring tape showed me that the 94-00 Dodge 1500 2WD uses front coils with the exact same ID and OD as the facory/OME coils, and they don't use a pig tail like the GJC coils. I've ordered 1" daystar leveling spacers for the dodge, it's only $31 so we'll see how it works out. I am also going to install the Calmini T-case gears, Rear detroit locker, front LSD, Calmini HD steering kit and 33" Pitbull rocker LT's on Procomp 98 series wheels. I'm hoping that limiting the SL to under 2" will limit drivetrain wear. I see everybody else here with SAS'd out pathfinders. It didn't seem that common 3 years ago, but now I kinda wanna change my plan lol. Anyhow, I know it's a great group here with a lot of knowledge, I'll try to post up updates and whatnot when I can.