head cover gasket

Ramon

Hello everyone

I'm here to ask your opinion and help again.

I want to replace the gaskets from the head cover of the engine in both sides

3411499891_24ae5fd4cf_b.jpg

the only thing I have problem guessing how to remove is the canister hoses that are in the manifold I was checking the user manual but it doesn't show if pressure must be released or special care about it before remove it actually I am not sure is is liquid or vapor in all hoses are under high pressure so here are my questions.

If is really necessary to remove it or there is some easy and fast way to do it?

Should I remove the pump fuel fuse and star the engine so the fuel pressure releases?

the main problem I saw is in the driver seat side cover (USA model) as is under the manifold intake and all that air system

Am I missing something else to remove ?

thank you for your help

Jose Ramon

here are the pictures of the oil leaking from there I tighten the screws but the leak still so I decide to replace the gaskets

3411495213_e8748ecea3_b.jpg

under this is the other side

3412304256_655f9b5d28_b.jpg

Hmmmm, I've done mine on my TBI and it was fairly easy. Yours looks like a PITA because of the MPFI crap covering everything...

The crank case ventilation hoses just come off if it's the same as the TBIs. They're stiff, so be careful. I broke one and had to make a run to NAPA for some odd piece of hose that would happen to work.

And I don't see any gasket sealer...

heh...this is not a fun job...you have to disconnect all of the harnesses and vaccum lines

then there are nuts (that may only be for the lower intake) and hex head bolts holding the upper intake on remove those and then you should be able to get to all the phillips head screws which are a PITA to keep tight...next time i have it off i'm swapping them to bolts

Edited by unccpathfinder

Hmmmm, I've done mine on my TBI and it was fairly easy. Yours looks like a PITA because of the MPFI crap covering everything...

The crank case ventilation hoses just come off if it's the same as the TBIs. They're stiff, so be careful. I broke one and had to make a run to NAPA for some odd piece of hose that would happen to work.

And I don't see any gasket sealer...

hate a PITA work but I have to do it :D

and yes I got the sealer I only forget to show it LOL

heh...this is not a fun job...you have to disconnect all of the harnesses and vaccum lines

then there are nuts (that may only be for the lower intake) and hex head bolts holding the upper intake on remove those and then you should be able to get to all the phillips head screws which are a PITA to keep tight...next time i have it off i'm swapping them to bolts

is a bunches of things to be removed :omg: is a nice suggestion because the Phillips screws are loosen easily may I change them too for bolts too

All japanese car use metric bolt nuts and screws??