Whirring at any RPM

casey

So it sounds like a common issue but not as common fix.

It's at all rpm range. In park or in gear. At all speeds. I removed the power steering belt and still there. I have used the stethescope on everything from the transmition to the wqater pump and everything in between. Tranny makes a slight whirr. Power steering pump resevoir make a whirring noise. Timing belt cover makes whirr noise. I put on new belts noise still there. I am going to do a tranny service but if that doesn't work I am lost.

So it sounds like a common issue but not as common fix.

It's at all rpm range. In park or in gear. At all speeds. I removed the power steering belt and still there. I have used the stethescope on everything from the transmition to the wqater pump and everything in between. Tranny makes a slight whirr. Power steering pump resevoir make a whirring noise. Timing belt cover makes whirr noise. I put on new belts noise still there. I am going to do a tranny service but if that doesn't work I am lost.

Perhaps you're having an ultra-high frequency seizure! This could cause the symptoms of which you speak.

Go to a very serene place like a church or other sanctuary, lie still on the floor, take your stethescope and apply it to your forehead... if you still hear the whirring - it's not your Pathfinder.

Cheers

Perhaps you're having an ultra-high frequency seizure! This could cause the symptoms of which you speak.

Go to a very serene place like a church or other sanctuary, lie still on the floor, take your stethescope and apply it to your forehead... if you still hear the whirring - it's not your Pathfinder.

Cheers

huh??? :wtf:

Check your waterpump by seeing if it has play. That can make a noise like you describe.

huh??? :wtf:

Check your waterpump by seeing if it has play. That can make a noise like you describe.

No, she's tight. the only play i found was between the plastic fan and the shaft.