wiring a fog light...

Harvey

I dunno what kind of switch.. haha my friend bought me a "racing switch" for my spray :P

Bullsheezy! You picked it out. And we really should throw a relay on there eventually. It's a 5 minute task. Once we put the other fogs on the roof we'll throw switches in all of them.

I have another question regarding this now... My main headlight switch clip was broken so it never staid in it's little socket. So I bough another switch and threw the original away... oh for stupid ideas. Anyway, the original switch had two prongs on the back. My new one has three; earth, relay and power. Given the original switch was 2 pronged, it has two wires; a light blue and a black with blue line. So my question is: which one is power, which one is earth? Also, what do I need to do to make the two wires fit the three pronged switch?

Thanks all!

Harv.

just ignore the third prong (ground) on your new switch. your circuit has its own ground so you don't need to ground the switch. to check which wire is which, you can use your voltmeter and check for voltage at each wire. your supply/power will have ~12V; your load side will have continuity to ground.