auto shifter removal

Nissan3

hey everyone, I am trying to remove the shifter knob from my automatic assembly, anyone know how to? I removed the bezel and looked inside and it looks like there are 2 wires going up through the shifter for the O/D switch, i removed the 2 screws at the back of the shifter, now if i keep pulling will i rip the wires for the switch?? or do they just like unplug?

thanks

hey everyone, I am trying to remove the shifter knob from my automatic assembly, anyone know how to? I removed the bezel and looked inside and it looks like there are 2 wires going up through the shifter for the O/D switch, i removed the 2 screws at the back of the shifter, now if i keep pulling will i rip the wires for the switch?? or do they just like unplug?

thanks

if my memory serves me correct, when you pull, there is a socket for overdrive button, it is harder to put it back. so be carefull.

i removed it once, to install led bulbs inside gear selector.

if my memory serves me correct, when you pull, there is a socket for overdrive button, it is harder to put it back. so be carefull.

i removed it once, to install led bulbs inside gear selector.

Thanks for the response, so when you removed the shifter you took off the two screws and just pulled the shifter off? so when i put the shifter back on i am basically pluging it back in... right? sorry if im being confusing

thanks again