wheel lug problem

vanuatoo

Hello

My car was missing one lug nut at the rear wheel.

I've purchased one some time ago. A friend of mine tried to bolt it but the lug nut dud not want to go smooth.

So he used a little force and now my lug nut is damaged inside.

We tried other lug nuts from the same wheel but it seems that the bolt that is mounted on the rear drum is damaged.

Can wheel stud be replaced?

Yes, wheel studs can be replaced. Just take your drum of, take a BFH and bang that sucker out. Then, put the new one in, and take a lug nut, preferably an open ended one (please be sure your lug nuts have the same thread pattern or they will stip) and tighten the nut to pull the stud in place. All done!

Yes, wheel studs can be replaced. Just take your drum of, take a BFH and bang that sucker out. Then, put the new one in, and take a lug nut, preferably an open ended one (please be sure your lug nuts have the same thread pattern or they will stip) and tighten the nut to pull the stud in place. All done!

I should buy them online. On this site I've found this:

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...playCatalogid=0

item number 12.

But this is from the front suspension. Is it suitable for the back drum rotor?

Couldn't be sure. I would assume that they are all the same all around, but that again is an assumption. I havn't seen any lug nuts differ from front to back before.

But this site makes me wonder also, since this says it's for the front, and theres no option for a 'rear' stud. Like I said, i would assume they are all the same, and I'm sure someone will chime in soon to verify or clarify this.

http://www.redlinemotive.com/store/replace...part=Wheel+Stud

Edited by 180sx