trailmaster lifts

Guest bryan89

Guest bryan89

anybody with the trailmaster suspension lift ......listen up

as you all know, the spindle drop bracket requires that you get new wheels because the stock ones have too much backspacing and the sidewall of the tire rubs the upper a-arm.

QUESTION...

what backspacing rim do i need to run a 12.5 inch wide tire?

i want 33x12.50 bfg muds. after calling them, they actually reccomend a 10 inch wide wheel to get the maximum foot print out of that tire. so that gives me a sidewall bulge of 1.25 inch on either side

(12.5 tires - 10 inch rim = 2.5 bulge divided by two sides of wheel= 1.25 bullge)

does that mean i need a 3.25 backspacing wheel to stay within the tire and wheel combination width of 4.5 inches from the mounting plate to the sidewall bulge?

what do you guys run? :help: :shrug:

yeah you should run at a maximum 3.25 of backspacing ... and that would actually work for a 8 inch wide rim too ... I run a 15x8 rim ... and I only have 3.75 inches of backspacing ... it does occasionally rub the UCA, but I have ground quite a bit of material off and smoothed it out to be less abrasive ... the other alternative is to run some wheel adapters, which I have, but am waiting to get some opened ended lug nuts that fit the wheel hub ...