Oil pump leak

SixGuns

So I was scooting around under the Pathfinder this morning, contemplating my project, and I noticed my skid was oily...So, jacked it up, took off the skid plate, pulled out the creeper and took a look...Damned if my whole passenger side of the front axle wasn't covered with and dripping oil...my pass. tie rod was soaked, too...upon inspection, the bolt on the side of my oil pump had loosened and backed out a few threads, allowing oil to pass and cover everything...this is a new development, though, 'cause when I changed the oil about 4 weeks ago, everything was bone dry. Anyone else encounter this? I just cranked the sh*t out of the bolt, (only so much you can do with a 17mm wrench..too small of a space for a socket and cheater bar) and cleaned everything up. It's the only place it could be leaking from, though it's hard to tell with everything equally oily. Gasket between pump and block was dry, all around, hoses were clean. Hopefully, that fixes it, if not, I'll get a new gasket for the cap that the bolt holds down.

Hmm...I have to look at that on mine. I'm leaking oil too, and I don't know where it's coming from. It's all on the side and back to the tranny. Haha. Some of it was from the valve cover gasket though (hard as a rock when I replaced it!).

Hmm...I have to look at that on mine. I'm leaking oil too, and I don't know where it's coming from. It's all on the side and back to the tranny. Haha. Some of it was from the valve cover gasket though (hard as a rock when I replaced it!).

Could also be the oil pressure sending unit it is right on top of the oil pump. they tend to leak alot on other vehicles.