Busted Light

Guest ibassplayer205

Guest ibassplayer205

Alright, I was driving home from Connecticut this past weekend (a 7 hour drive) and about 5 hours into the drive I start hearing this rattling noise that sounded like it was coming from the glove compartment. Popped it open, and nothing was there. Got home, ran to my girls house and as we were walking to my pathy, she asks me what happend to my car. After slapping her and telling her its a truck, not a car :P (not really) I noticed the light was all F'ed up :o Heres a pic of the thing. Now, It can snap back together and it works fine. Is there a way I can fix this little problem or should I even worry about it?

A: Light fixture snaped into place

B: Close-up of the the crack

C/D: The way I found it when I got home

passenger-side-lights.jpg

PS. if you notice the bumper in D how its hanging down a little bit... How can I fix that? its been like that for a while and it dosent bother me, but I hate the way it looks (its like that just on the passenger side, drivers side is fine)

for the bumper, just loosen up the mounting bolts and adjust ... i am sure there is enough wiggle room for that ...

as for the light ... well ... you could glue it and risk the chance of it coming apart again, or you could just get a new/used one off of ebay or the likes ...

You could use some of that instant epoxy stuff. Can't remember the name, but it comes in 2 attached tubes that are like syringes. You just squeeze out what you need, mix and apply. That stuff is STRONG. Shouldn't ever come back apart. With that and the bumper, did you hit something? If not, maybe somebody backed into it or something in a parking lot to break the light and tweak the bumper?

• 2 weeks later...

One thing that has been working very well for my local group is alittle thing called plastic welding

you just grab a decent sized tie wrap and a sottering gun and just go to town on it ,it works just like regular welding exept with plastic instead of metal.