Engine Swap

burton8it

K well i Just finished my first ever engine swap.... :itsallgood: HAHAHAHA it was good fun pulled two out put one back in. Actually turned out to be not as bad as i thought nissan does make it pretty simple for comes off one way goes in one way. As for having to drop the diff never had to and it actually went pretty simple by the second truck same with the going back in. Once the the engine is seperated from the bell housing (i don't know if this will work on a auto). Remove engine mounts and tilt nose of engine down to open the rear of the engine at the top. Unbolt clutch from the fly wheel, push the clutch back from the fly wheel and the engine comes right out nice and clean. If done right takes maybe 10min to get the clutch off and you don't have to worry about damaging splines. same thing but in reverse when putting it back it saved me so much time. Was very impressed with the NGK iridium plugs first time i've ran them. Put performance wires, cap, rotor, Air filter, Dual maganaflow custom exhaust goes in this week running 3" pipe no cat's with bottles. Also we have been looking at modifying it to make the fairlady's turbos to mount give us some extra juice along with all the other fun things. Next is suspension going to go with the SAS seems more practical for in the long wrong. We're hoping all said and done engine will be pushing around 500 hp turning 35" tires