Classic II wheels on R50

Nissan3

classic II

Hey everyone

Just wanted to get some opinions on these mickey thompson wheels, or does anyone have these on their r50 by chance? pics? I currently have the DC1s from dick cepek but i am having an on going issue with

them corroding. I am on my second set and now that the salt has hit them they are corroding just like the last set. So I am considering trading the cepeks in for these MT's.

classic II

Hey everyone

Just wanted to get some opinions on these mickey thompson wheels, or does anyone have these on their r50 by chance? pics? I currently have the DC1s from dick cepek but i am having an on going issue with

them corroding. I am on my second set and now that the salt has hit them they are corroding just like the last set. So I am considering trading the cepeks in for these MT's.

i wanted those wheels pretty bad when i first started shopping. They stick out pretty far with the 15"x8" size (3 5/16" backspacing) so i don't think you could run very wide of a tire on them without rubbing on the fenders at full lock. They would probably fit a 31x10.5" with a little rubbing. I ended up getting procomp 1069's which are 15x8 with 3 3/4" backspacing so they are a little narrower track and have the same nice 8-hole trucker style pattern

Edited by nige

i wanted those wheels pretty bad when i first started shopping. They stick out pretty far with the 15"x8" size (3 5/16" backspacing) so i don't think you could run very wide of a tire on them without rubbing on the fenders at full lock. They would probably fit a 31x10.5" with a little rubbing. I ended up getting procomp 1069's which are 15x8 with 3 3/4" backspacing so they are a little narrower track and have the same nice 8-hole trucker style pattern

Ya my DC-1s are 16x8 with 4" backspace and 12mm offset and they rub a little but only at mid crank in reverse, so they arn't too bad. But I really dread getting rid of my dc-1s, they are a sick rim but being from canada i need a rim that dosen't corrode.

Ya my DC-1s are 16x8 with 4" backspace and 12mm offset and they rub a little but only at mid crank in reverse, so they arn't too bad. But I really dread getting rid of my dc-1s, they are a sick rim but being from canada i need a rim that dosen't corrode.

do you still have your factory wheels? I keep a set of MT's on the pro comp wheels for summer/wheeling season and i have some bfg at's on my old factory lego wheels for the winter. I couldn't imagine how fast the salt would ruin the pro comp's with thier raw aluminium finish. U could always pick up some black steelies w/ 4" b.s. for the winter and run your nice wheels in the summer time.

do you still have your factory wheels? I keep a set of MT's on the pro comp wheels for summer/wheeling season and i have some bfg at's on my old factory lego wheels for the winter. I couldn't imagine how fast the salt would ruin the pro comp's with thier raw aluminium finish. U could always pick up some black steelies w/ 4" b.s. for the winter and run your nice wheels in the summer time.

Ya, Im running my factory wheels right now and the dc-1s are in the garage safe from the salt. Yeah i was thinking of doing that, I was gonna put my old small tires on the factory rims and then put my A/T tires on the dc-1s, that way i can easily swap between the two during the seasons. The thing is though I hate the way my truck looks right now with the factory rims and if I put the smaller tires on its gonna look even worse, right now it looks like its gonna tip over, hahaha. And i would get steelies its just that i dont wanna spend anymore money as I am trying to go back to school, and If I do get the classic II wheels it would be from trading them for my dc-1s, but i gotta wait to see whats going on with my warranty first. maybe i am being to picky though

All he has to do is trim a bit of the inner plastic fender lining & he'd be good. 3 & 5/16" & 3.75" of BS is not that much.